Default TV Headphones

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 16:10:34 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 4:43:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:39:51 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 3:12:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 10:44:06 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 1/20/2019 9:42 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 06:32:27 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H
"Got a pair of these for Christmas. Very, very nice sound.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000AJIF4E/?coliid=I3KIG8698MX2S8&colid=EEOGPHJKYUD&psc=0&ref _=lv_ov_lig_dp_it"

If you can't even hear properly, why would anyone take your word on sound equipment?

Read the reviews. Of course, there's an implication there.

I think Harry is looking for noise cancelling bluetooth. Those are not.

The noise cancelling bluetooth versions are $348.

It is amazing that they can charge $250 for a blue tooth receiver
(that would wholesale for about a buck) because decent noise canceling
headsets are less than $100.

Which ones would those be? To make a noise canceling headset that also is decent musically is no easy feat. The Bose do a great job of canceling external noise and sound pretty good, but are a bit heavy on the bass. I bought some over the ear Harmon Kardons that sound much better (more accurate) but give up just a bit in the NC area. Both are in the $300 range. I have some cheap (a little less than $100) Sony NC headphones that are on-ear and are just barely OK, both musically and NC. If there are choices out there that are any better than just half-assed for less than $100, I'd like to hear about them.

Dunno the Audio Technica I have sound OK to me but I am not an
Audiophool.

No, but you are the fool with the printer/sorter/whatever hearing damage.

Seriously, I have been lucky to not have been exposed to the kind of industrial noises, like you, that can damage your hearing. I can still hear the diff between a cheap set of speakers/headphones/earbuds and something good. However, I don't subscribe to the Monster Cable, oxygen-free, crazy stuff some of the "audiophiles" believe in. It has to make engineering sense. Pass the sniff test, ya know?

BTW, the Audio Technica stuff is pretty good, or was in the day. I paid more than I could believe back in the early '80s for an Audio Technica phono cartridge. Had a bit of buyers remorse on the drive home. Then I got home, mounted it and set it up, and played a favorite album. I heard stuff I'd never heard.

A quick search shows the base model *wired* NC Audio Technica headphones start at $100. They go up from there. Not seeing sub-$100 unless it's cheap Chinese ****.

That is the ones I am talking about and if you shopped you could get
under $100 (by a buck or two) when we bought ours. My wife is a
shopper.
You would really have to work hard to convince us $350 would get you
better ones and she hears fine, with a musicians ear.
If the only difference is a $1 blue tooth chip and a board rework,
somebody is making too much money.