Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default power outage.

wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:13:17 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/10/2019 8:56 PM, Bill wrote:

Last night power goes out at 5:30. We have had big rains and winds, no
problem. Most utilities underground. So call wife and say meet her for
dinner as power out at home. Lots of police action and fire trucks at
bottom of the hill. Girl has knocked down a power pole, gone through a
fence in to,a,storage shed at the local senior mobile home park. Still in
car as power lines all over the place. PG&E has about 8 trucks working. 3
hours later they get her out of car, and reroute the power to the area.
Pretty impressive repairs. Girl was,probably texting but said she got
confused on brakes and gas.

Unrelated to your local accident, but I heard on the news that areas in
California can expect power outages in the next several months as
utility lines are inspected in an attempt to
prevent future fires like those that occurred recently. PG&E equipment
was specifically mentioned as being a possible cause of one of the
biggest and deadliest fires.

Yup, deep pockets. Trump was correct in the mismanagement of forests was
the major cause of the huge fire. We have millions of dead trees in the
forest. Claimed to be global warming and drought. Mostly because we have
stopped most fires early on, and have lots of deadfall and too many trees
per acre. Lake near Yosemite we go to, near the Rim fire area has about
300 trees per acre. Land will support about 100 per acre. 50 years
ranchers could drive their cattle to the high country grazing via
horseback. They could ride the 30 miles and never knock their hat off on
the tall trees and open floor. Now, is hard to get through the area. In
1961, we lost a cabin to a fire on the Rubicon River near Auburn. (Famous
for the Rubicon Jeep run). 11,000 acres burned and not a 1000 acres for
good timber. Mostly brush. 30’ tall manzanita. Few deer, a couple bears
in the area. Shortly after fire, lots of deer coming in for the new
growth. Was a sparkling high tension tower. Could have just as easily
been a lightning strike to start the fire. Just too much tinder.

I had never heard of the Rubicon trail until we were is Squaw Valley
at that big resort and the parking lot was full of "Rubicon" Jeeps.
Chrysler had a big corporate meeting there.

Look at YouTube for some shots. Are cabin and gold claim was on the
Rubicon River a ways from the trail. Out of Michigan Bluff.