Capt. Mooron

Default Never run downwind?

Odd.... I've rarely seen a wave train oriented differently than the wind
direction. The "Death Roll" is more common on fin keelers than full keelers.
I have never experienced a death roll scenario on my boat. I have on other
boats. If you have to quarter the wave train dead down wind.... adjust your
set or course to keep the vessel on a heel.

CM

http://www.sailnet.com/collections/a...d=rousma0082%2

http://www.catsmeow.org