John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default It's Fretwell's Fault

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 16:19:25 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 12/9/18 9:29 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote: Keyser Soze Wrote in message: On 12/8/18 11:39 PM, wrote: On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 22:25:23 -0500, Alex wrote: Keyser Soze wrote: Some time ago, B'rer Fretwell convinced me that my choice of a .357 MAG revolver was the *wrong* firearm for the night table, because if I ever had to use it, even if I hit the intruder, everyone else would be rendered deaf, the rounds are so loud. I thought about this for a while, and tested Fretwell's theory at the indoor and outdoor ranges I frequent. Without muffs. As much as I hate to admit it, Fretwell was right this one time. So, I sold the revolver to a buddy for a good price and he also bought my Henry Big Boy .357 MAG rifle I just wasn't using. I used some of the proceeds to pick up a 9mm Walther PPQ M2 TAC, shown in the accompanying photo I swiped from a Walther site. With a suppressor fitted, it's

not much louder than a .22LR that's been "suppressor-ized," and therefore usable inside without fear of rendering anyone deaf. It's the same suppressor I used on my 9mm CZ Scorpion Carbine. I'm going to fit a small "tactical" light to the rails on the underside of the lower. New pistol has a pretty nice trigger and appears to be accurate. I got the "Maryland" version, with three 10-round mags. Mine has the Vortex Venom red dot attached, looks pretty much like the red dot sight in Walther's photo. https://flic.kr/p/RieMq7 Suppressors are unsuitable for self defense. Why is that? I understand that is not a CCW gun but in an appropriate case near the bed it is perfect. The extra weight on the end of the barrel holds down the flip for a follow up and the muzzle blast only affects the people you didn't shoot. Hey, Lil' Alex has 60 firearms sitting unused in a safe, so obviously he is *the* expert on such matters. Perhaps he thinks one
throws the suppressor at the bad guy, instead of attaching it to the muzzle of a firearm. Here's a snap from the manufacturer's site on a 9mm pistol:https://flic.kr/p/PGgaET Now doesn't that look silly. You only see **** like that in the movies. **** like what? **** like you? The pic shows a relatively short suppressor mounted on a Walther 9mm pistol, not the model I have, but similar in size.

That silly **** is movie gangsta stuff. Why do you want to mimic
gangstas?

Gangstas get attention...something he and his buddy, Trump, strive for.