Default It's Fretwell's Fault

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:37:51 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Dec
I suppose the question would be why. Those things are murder on your
ears outside and every insult to your ears will hurt you later.
Sometimes you just have to believe. ;-)

I never fired a round of anything in my range in Md without muffs.
I was in the house when we had an AD of a 12 gauge tho and it was
impressive.
40 years ago I lived in an old farm house and shot my 357 into a big block of wood at the bottom of an enclosed stairwell. All I heard was an enormously loud “BONK!!!”

I thought the precession had blown both eardrums-thankfully not. But I’ve had a subtle hissing in both ears even to this day.

That is why I have to call bull**** when I see Dirty Harry shooting
that 29 Smith in that concrete walk way at the stadium.
He would be "Dirty Huh?" for the rest of his life. My buddy's 29 took
pictures off the wall when we fired it in my basement, using plugs and
muffs. It felt like getting smacked in the face with a wet towel. A 12
gauge was mild compared to that.