John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default It's Fretwell's Fault

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 08:24:26 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 12/8/18 11:39 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 22:25:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
Some time ago, B'rer Fretwell convinced me that my choice of a .357
MAG revolver was the *wrong* firearm for the night table, because if I
ever had to use it, even if I hit the intruder, everyone else would be
rendered deaf, the rounds are so loud. I thought about this for a
while, and tested Fretwell's theory at the indoor and outdoor ranges I
frequent. Without muffs.

As much as I hate to admit it, Fretwell was right this one time.

So, I sold the revolver to a buddy for a good price and he also bought
my Henry Big Boy .357 MAG rifle I just wasn't using. I used some of
the proceeds to pick up a 9mm Walther PPQ M2 TAC, shown in the
accompanying photo I swiped from a Walther site. With a suppressor
fitted, it's not much louder than a .22LR that's been
"suppressor-ized," and therefore usable inside without fear of
rendering anyone deaf. It's the same suppressor I used on my 9mm CZ
Scorpion Carbine.

I'm going to fit a small "tactical" light to the rails on the
underside of the lower.

New pistol has a pretty nice trigger and appears to be accurate. I got
the "Maryland" version, with three 10-round mags. Mine has the Vortex
Venom red dot attached, looks pretty much like the red dot sight in
Walther's photo.

https://flic.kr/p/RieMq7

Suppressors are unsuitable for self defense.

Why is that? I understand that is not a CCW gun but in an appropriate
case near the bed it is perfect. The extra weight on the end of the
barrel holds down the flip for a follow up and the muzzle blast only
affects the people you didn't shoot.

Hey, Lil' Alex has 60 firearms sitting unused in a safe, so obviously he
is *the* expert on such matters. Perhaps he thinks one throws the
suppressor at the bad guy, instead of attaching it to the muzzle of a
firearm. Here's a snap from the manufacturer's site on a 9mm pistol:

https://flic.kr/p/PGgaET

Was Greg's question too difficult to answer?