Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Smoked Classic Porchetta

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:45:40 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 5:49:39 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:54:46 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 12:27:31 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
Do I want to give this a shot? Looks damn good, and I'd bet all the
fat from the pork belly would
turn that otherwise dry pork loin into a connoisseur's dream:

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipe...oked-porchetta

Wife brought a loin home yesterday, and I just checked with the local
Lowes Foods and they have pork belly. I'll be cooking one of these
tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Please do! Our Costco carries both also.

Tim, John... I wanted to like it, but I just don't like the pork belly
that much. I followed their directions, and the loin is certainly moist
and tender, but the belly didn't render as much as I'd like. I've had
belly before and the fattiness of it just turns me off.

Trimmed of the excess fat and sliced up, it makes a pretty good sandwich.

Thanks for the report. Bill suggests a longer cook. Do you think that
would help? Maybe two or three
hours at 225 or so and then up the temp to 325? Or maybe just leave it at
225 for five or six hours
until the loin gets up to 135 (which seems a bit low to me).

6 hours the temp will most likely be 160 on that size meat.