John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default NASA

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:06:28 -0800 (PST), Its Me wrote:

On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:01:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 14:56:53 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 11/26/18 2:54 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/26/2018 2:42 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Live streaming Mars landing right now on the NASA website ....
scheduled to land at 3pm EST.

WOW!* They successfully landed it on Mars.

All I saw was a bunch of people in a control room wearing maroon shirts...

What, you long for the days when they all wore white shirts with a
skinny tie and a cigarette in their mouth?

The last time I was at Cape Canaveral, they had a recreation of the Apollo mission control room, complete with the ash trays and a couple packs of Lucky Strikes laying around. That was a proper rocket! Wish I could have seen the launch of one. Had to settle for a shuttle launch. Still pretty cool, but the ground doesn't shake.

I was working at Cape Canveral when two Saturns were launched in early 1965. We lay down on the roof
of our office (US Coast and Geodetic Survey) and had a great view. Yes, the ground shook, but we
were right there on the base.