Default Yo Tim - or any knowledgeable individual

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 07:52:09 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 6:37:23 AM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 05:05:41 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:06:16 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/15/2018 2:50 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:00:55 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 12:34:40 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Well, my recollection was that the Group 34 AGM seemed to weigh about
50% more than the last "old style" Group 34 battery I replaced in an SUV.

Ahem. A "S" doesn't sound like a vowel.

:-)

Ahem. Always use 'an' for words which sound like they start with a
vowel, and always use 'a' for
words which sound like they start with a consonant.

I had to look it up. I always knew about an "a" before a consonant (did
that right!) and an "an" before before a vowel. (did that right too!)

But I never knew about the official rules about "sounding" like a vowel
or a consonant.

Musta skipped class that day.

So you could buy -a- SUV, eh? I bought
-an- SUV.

It took me an half a hour to figure out what you were arguing about
;-)

Why do they call them a Sport Utility Vehicle? Most are just station
wagons.

Because soccer moms like the 'impression' given by an SUV versus a mini-van.

I think it's more that the man of the house doesn't want a mini-van, so he buys an SUV for his wife to haul the kids around in.

The main difference is the height. If you are tall the roof line of a
minivan may be a little low for your taste. That same guy would have
no problem stuffing himself in a Lambo though if he could afford it
;-)

My wife likes trucks because she sits up high but when Lincoln stopped
making the F-150 upgrade she went for the MKX.
In real life if you buy a (an?) F-150 with the top line trim it is a
Lincoln and about $70k.