Default Roy Clark...

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 13:04:06 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the
cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known
for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling,"
has died. He was 85.

Publicist Jeremy Westby said Clark died Thursday due to complications
from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Okla.

I never watched Hee Haw, but I did enjoy Clark's virtuosity on stringed
instruments and some of the songs he performed. He was an original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4...LxORC eo&t=16

He used to play at the Senate Inn in the early 50s (on Marboro Pike).
My sister was on stage with him a few times. In those days he was just
hustling up a living wherever he could and he was a local celebrity in
Coral Hills. I think the Senate Inn gig was how he got on the radio
and TV in DC. Jimmy Dean was also a regular at the Senate Inn along
with a bunch of other people who went on to bigger things.