John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Yo Tim - or any knowledgeable individual

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 23:09:20 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:39:16 -0500, John H.
wrote:

So here's the deal. Yesterday when I went to start the truck, the batteries were dead. The charger
said they were at 49% charged. They did take a charge and started the truck easily several times
since.

However, they are four year-old WalMart batteries, so I'm thinking I should replace them. You've
praised AGM batteries in the past. Sears has these:

https://www.sears.com/diehard-advanc...bloc kType=G2

The guy will sell them to me for $176.99 plus $40 installation (which I could do myself if I didn't
want to help Trump's employment numbers). And, being ex-military, he'll give me another 10% off. So
I could get them for about $160 each.

Thoughts? I could get the non-AGM's for about $40 less each. Are AGM's worth the extra bucks?

===

For what it's worth, I've replaced all of the lead-acid 8D starting
batteries on our boat with pairs of AGM group 31M batts in parallel.
The 31Ms are half the weight and much easier to handle. They also
have more cold cranking amps and a higher charge acceptance rate. Last
but not least they are lasting twice as long as the 8Ds.

---
https://www.avg.com

AGM's are what I'm going with. When it comes to vehicular electronics, I don't argue with Tim much.