Default How the battlefield sounded as World War I guns fell silent

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 18:02:39 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Mr. Luddite
My grandfather (the one who immigrated to the USA in 1907 at 17 years of
age) enlisted in the US Army when the USA entered the war. Don't know
what he did but I think I recall him telling me he was in the infantry.

He didn't become a naturalized US citizen until after the war in 1919.

During ww1, my dads dad was too old to serve (b. 1888) but his younger bro did (b. 1894 ). My moms dad was to young (b. 1903) but his older brother went ( b. 1892) and my
Moms maternal uncle was in Remey, France where he was hit by mustard gas but survived. (B. 1899)

I haven't found any WWI veterans in my extended family. They were all
either too old or too young. My grandfather might have been drafted if
it went on another year.