Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default How the battlefield sounded as World War I guns fell silent

On 11/11/2018 6:41 PM, Tim wrote:
I had threed great uncles serve in WW1, I had one who was there when the armistice happened and saw Rickenbacker fly over.

https://www.dw.com/en/how-the-battle...LuEl-XTSbw_Bkw

https://www.facebook.com/TheSeattleS...5468381570858/

My grandfather (the one who immigrated to the USA in 1907 at 17 years of
age) enlisted in the US Army when the USA entered the war. Don't know
what he did but I think I recall him telling me he was in the infantry.

He didn't become a naturalized US citizen until after the war in 1919.