Tim Tim is offline

Default Upper...

Keyser Soze
Carrying a 10-pound rifle on a good sling across your back is not
particularly onerous. Patrolling in the jungle with a rifle in your
hands and ready to deploy in sometimes very tight spaces is another matter.

Weight of ammo is a factor...a .223 round weighs about 11 grams. A .308
round weighs more than twice as much, more than 25 grams.

Only in a basic maneuvers but I had no real problem hoofing a 25 lb M60 as well as a 9 lb. M16A1 with a loaded mag. I guess that was one of the advantages (or curses) of being the biggest kid in the class...