Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Another Day, Another Build (continued)

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/28/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 11:01:27 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Yet you were the guy claiming he could outshoot all those Prince George's County cops

From my experience street cops are not that good a shot. You only have
to look at their real life performance. They seem to hit the target
with 10% or fewer shots fired and that is usually at "belly gun"
range.
My cop buddies say they are not much better on the range.

In an active, serious, shoot or be shot situation, what's the realistic
accurate range of a handgun anyway? 20 feet at best IMO.

I duck hunted years ago with one of the Bay Area police Department weapons
officer. 1970’s. He said average police shootout was less than 20’ with 9
or so shots fired and nobody hit. Hard to,aim while diving for cover.
Also, they do not seem to practice much. Wasn’t it a New York shootout
with the perp wounded, 120 shots fired at him, 2 bystanders killed?