noah

Default Aluminum Boat, depth finder install

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:10:41 -0500, "Jason"
wrote:

I am upgrading my fish finder. the boat it aluminum.. how do i deal with the
old holes? Stainless steel screw with some sort of silicone?

thanks

Don't use stainless. Dissimilar metals will eventually cause
corrosion.

1.) Get the holes welded up at a good welding shop.
2.) Use aluminum bolts and nuts with waterproofing washers inside and
out, and use "Thread-lock".
3.) If you use screws, use aluminum. The silicone can eventually
leak, the screw may loosen, and you may tear your shoes on the exposed
sharp point.

Good luck,
....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.