Default Another Day, Another Build (continued)

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 13:29:11 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/28/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 11:01:27 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Yet you were the guy claiming he could outshoot all those Prince George's County cops

From my experience street cops are not that good a shot. You only have
to look at their real life performance. They seem to hit the target
with 10% or fewer shots fired and that is usually at "belly gun"
range.
My cop buddies say they are not much better on the range.

In an active, serious, shoot or be shot situation, what's the realistic
accurate range of a handgun anyway? 20 feet at best IMO.

I think cops had to learn how to shoot better when they had revolvers.
The guy who always won the Charlotte Co Sheriff's bowling pin
competition (knock down 5 bowling pins at 7 yards, shoot till you get
them all) did it with a S&W Chief. The guys with the double stack Sigs
went to a second magazine far too often to make bystanders
comfortable.
I am always reminded of the NYC "shootout" between the cops and one
armed man. They hit 11 bystanders. They fired around 60-70 rounds and
I think the bad guy still survived.
Then there is the guy they had trapped in a stairwell, they fired 41
shots and hit him about a dozen times.