Default Wow, Im glad to know this

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 17:49:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/25/2018 4:03 PM, True North wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:40:24 -0700 (PDT), True North

"When I was on the canadian side of Niagara I picked up a 6 pack of
"Blue Light" but just because that was the name of my company. The
beer itself was very forgettable. The guy at US customs even gave me a
puzzled look when I came back through.
Now they sell that "Blue", both kinds at Publix."

Labatt Blue was my go to beer for a while but the stuff brewed locally under license wasn't consistent.
Now I get Coors Light also brewed locally under license.

Coors is owned by Miller Beer, based in Chicago. I can remember back
when getting smuggled Coors beer on the east coast was a really big
deal because it originally wasn't shipped east of the Mississippi.
It wasn't pasteurized, so had to be kept cold all the time to prevent
further fermentation although that was probably not the real reason
since the ability to ship while keeping it cold was available. Some
claim it was more of a brilliant marketing scheme to make Coors seem
magical in some way.

This was all before "Light" beer became popular. Today, Coors "Banquet"
is the original but Coors Light is probably more popular everywhere.

Back when it was brewed only in Colorado and had limited distributorship
the locals called it "Coors Kool-Aide". It was nothing special there.

Colorado Kool-Aid

I agree I always heard about Coors (we all saw Smokey and the Bandit)
but it was just another American beer once I finally got some, not
unlike Miller so I guess it was a natural fit.