Default Wow, Im glad to know this

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:23:33 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:19:34 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:10:56 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/25/18 1:56 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:10:48 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/25/18 12:20 PM, True North wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:18:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
"Sounds like the one at the Bubble Room on Captiva. That baby is 20-24
oz. I eat a lot and I took a big chunk home."

Good Lord!
These days a good 8 oz steak usually satisfies me if I have a baked potato and roll accompanying it. Oh yeah...we can't forget a nice cold 1w oz light beer.
If I'm hungry I might move up to the 12 oz steak.

My wife and I usually will split an eight ounce steak. One of the
restaurants we frequent serves up what it calls a tomahawk steak and if
memory serves, the menu describes it as a 30-36 ounce steak. I've seen a
couple of patrons order one at nearby tables...I can only guess that it
is either shared or a huge chunk of meat is taken home for Fideaux.

"Tomahawk Steak" is a clever way to serve you a great big bone at
restaurant prices. All they do is leave the whole rib bone on a butt
end rib steak, similar to how you "french" lamb chops. Usually they
cut that bone off.
I bet a 36 oz Tomahawk fillets out at around 16-18 oz of meat. The
meat they cut off that bone end used to be called "plate" and it was
so cheap at Swift that my sister fed it to her dogs. Then when the
fajita craze started, they called it flank steak and charged more for
it than the rib steak.

Dunno...the ones I have seen are gi-normous chucks'o'beouf.

If you think a 4 oz steak is a meal they are all huge chunks of beef.
The ones I looked at in Costco looked like a 16 oz rib eye on a 16 oz
bone. I kept walking.
I have seen rib steaks cut off the primal and it did not impress me.
The first thing they used to do was throw that big rib section up on
the band saw and cut those rib bones off.
In those days the plate was pretty much trash, not even worth throwing
in the hamburger. My brother in law could get all he could shove in a
grocery bag for a buck.

Weird Costco. I've never seen rib steak with the bone in at any of our Costco stores.

They had these at the end of the case with the Prime steaks where they
seem to try special/new items. I only saw them once.
I agree usually you just see the cryopacks with the whole boned out
rib, fillet or NY strip.
Then they will cut some up in styro trays for those who do not want
$100 worth of steak in the freezer. I also see they have "Caps" but I
am not sure if I am paying $19/lb for a cap.