Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Wow, Im glad to know this

On 10/25/18 6:56 PM, Tim wrote:
Mr. Luddite
Coors is owned by Miller Beer, based in Chicago. I can remember back
when getting smuggled Coors beer on the east coast was a really big
deal because it originally wasn't shipped east of the Mississippi.
It wasn't pasteurized, so had to be kept cold all the time to prevent
further fermentation although that was probably not the real reason
since the ability to ship while keeping it cold was available. Some
claim it was more of a brilliant marketing scheme to make Coors seem
magical in some way.

In the 70s, Coke’s was more of a cult beer. I thought it tasted like what it was...beer. But yes there were truckers buying it, bringing it home and selling it for 2 bucks a can.

Yes some people thought it was “magical” for some strange reason...

Coors was a big selling beer in Kansas back in the day. There was a
dance/beer bar venue called The Stables that won for several years in a
row a plaque from Coors claiming it sold more of that brand of beer
than any bar. I'm not much of a beer fan, but I always thought it
tasted kind of ****y, like Budweiser. Kansas had lots of beer bars in
those days but the only place you could buy a mixed drink was a private
club. I had a girlfriend from Topeka for a while and became a life
member of such a club in her area for...a dollar.