Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Another Day, Another Build (continued)

On 10/24/2018 6:23 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/24/18 5:42 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/24/2018 4:12 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/24/18 2:35 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:43:36 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Well, I assembled the upper for my new .308, including checking the
headspace with a borrowed "go/no go" kit and pinning the gas
tube/block
assembly. Going to drop it off at my buddy theÂ* gunsmith's place today
forÂ* him to checkÂ* over my work. Compared to the "bare, naked"Â* lower,
assemblingÂ* an upper is pretty easy. If the weatherÂ* sucksÂ* this
weekend, I'll start on the lower.

===

If you really want to challenge yourself and impress your gunsmith
friend, build it with an 80% lower.

I don't have the particular skills, drill press and other tools
needed to finish an 80% lower. Besides, theÂ* gunsmith buddy is
already impressed with me, because I tutored his kid for three months
for free and helped the kid go from the equivalent of a C- in English
to a solid B and to raise his score more than 100 points on the SAT
Reading Test and Writing and Language Test. I also helped him start
to lose his southern redneck speaking patois and use more standard
English. Hopefully, heÂ* will continueÂ* developing hisÂ* skills and put
them to goodÂ* use in college.

Let's see.Â* Earlier you told us that some landscaping guyÂ* you hired
spontaneously and unilaterally just "happened" to proudly show
you his naturalization papers.Â*Â* Funny.Â* Never heard of a naturalized
citizen carrying their papers around showing them to everyone without
being asked.

Now you tell us you're a modern day Professor Henry Higgins transforming
a male version of Eliza Doolittle in culture, speech and the arts.Â* To
think ... born the son of a gunsmith of all things.

Amazing.

No.Â* Try reading for content. When I first met the guy, heÂ* showed me
hisÂ* green card. We talked overÂ* the years aboutÂ* hisÂ* workingÂ* and
waiting for the opportunity to become a citizen. When that happened, he
proudly showed me the certificate he got.

The kid in question wants to go to a decentÂ* college. That isn't going
to happen without a decent SAT score and a good personal interview.
Language skills help with the latter.

Do gunsmiths make good money? Now-a-days the ability to pay the tuition
is more important than SAT scores or your diction.