Default New post stuff

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:52:22 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:06:56 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 13:42:11 -0400, John H.
wrote:

A friend told me about this stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uaIVIUVOyM

Will try it.

I am not sure how that will work out with the water in the hole. It
will just float on top where the concrete sinks and displaces the
water. It does look like an interesting idea in a dry hole tho. It
also gives you an idea of the required compressive strength necessary
to hold a pole,. If styrofoam will do it, I can't imagine any concrete
mix that wouldn't even if it started with the consistency of tomato
soup.
I am also not sure why a can of spray foam would not do the same
thing.

Water has to come out. It's still flowing into the hole at the rate of about a gallon an hour. I'm
just going to let it sit for a few days and hope the water table goes down. Hell, we're on a hill!

The question would be - how many cans of spray foam? This stuff will more than fill the hole for
$9, and I have a few seconds to shift the post if it's not plumb.

There is a bunch of foam in a yellow and red can. The blue can stuff
is limited "foaming". I bet one can would do it. I still say, just
dump the concrete in there, the water will come right out. That pole
in the center had 4' of water in it.