Default Made a flight reservation for this weekend...

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 13:44:50 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 4:28:00 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/17/2018 2:54 PM, Its Me wrote:

And I am pumped about it!

http://www.libertyfoundation.org/index.html

They'll be at a event at Owens Field in Columbia this weekend to raise money for Camp Kemo. There are only 15 B-17's left in airworthy condition, and it'll be amazing to get a ride in one.

There is another group ... the Collins Foundation ... that tours the USA
with a B-17, a B-24, a B-25 and a Mustang P-51. They were just at the
little municipal airport near where I live last month.

The rides in the B-17 and B-24 are fairly reasonable because they can
carry several passengers who share the operating cost. But the one I
wanted a ride in was the P-51 Mustang but not enough for the $2,800 cost
for half an hour.

Ouch. I'd love a ride in a P-51, but that's pretty steep. One seat on the B-17 is $450, but they carry 9 at a time. They do let you roam around the plane to take pictures out of the gun turrets, and it lasts 30 minutes.

A couple of years ago my wife and I went up in a 1942 Waco biplane down in Key West. That was a blast. We sat up front, and the pilot sat in the rear flying and talking to us. The guy was good, I could barely feel the wheels touch down when we landed. If I remember correctly it was $300 for 20 minutes.

My wife bought me this ride in San Diego to thank me or driving there
from Tahoe so she could see here friend (decided at the last moment).
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/...in%20Plane.jpg
He did a loop or two but it was mostly just sight seeing.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/...0the%20air.jpg