Default Here you go John ....

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:37:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 7:25:16 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 14:49:40 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

I put a shovel or so of gravel in the bottom of the hole. I like to keep our damp soil away from the treated wood.
I do my mixing in the wheelbarrow. Don't recall seeing the dry mix dumped into the hole and then water sprayed on top.

This isn't 'treated wood', it's cedar. Dampness won't hurt it.

It be good if you could get some hedge.

If you really want them to last forever use Azek. I had some Trex like
posts here and they will snap off but when I was dragging all of that
Irma debris around I snagged my Azek mail box post and damn near
pulled out of the ground but it didn't break.