John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Betsy displays some sense!

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 11:51:21 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/13/2018 10:36 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/13/18 10:32 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/13/2018 10:04 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/12/18 11:59 PM, wrote:
On 13 Oct 2018 03:00:51 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

He probably has a snow blower so this will be balmy for a year or so.

There you go again...wrong as usual.

That you have a snow blower or that you think SC will be balmy?

Never had a snow blower. Our landscaping guy here has us high on the
"come by and plow list" if the driveway needs plowing. Usually, that
is once a season, never been more than twice. If it is just a couple
of inches of snow, I 4WD over it and let the sun do its job. The
critical factor is when the state highway department gets to the
secondary state roads.

I've done some research on seasonal temps in Hilton Head, and I've
been there in December and February. Where we are now typically has
considerably colder winters. It's not balmy in Hilton Head in the
winters...I would describe it as mild, and suitable for my usual
outfit of cargo shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, with occasional use
of a lightweight hoodie.

My truck, which is still in great shape (2016 with about 25,000
miles), might be traded in when we get to Hilton Head. Its 4WD, and I
can't think of a reason why I'd need it down there. I don't drive on
beaches, the boat ramps in that area seem quite* good, and there's no
real snow. I think a 2WD Toyota would be fine.

You 4WD in 2 inches of snow?** Wow!

D'uh. Yeah, I drive up* and down the driveway in 4WD a few times to
"reveal" the asphalt so the sun can melt the snow. Ends up clearing off
the driveway faster. Sometimes it is more than just a couple of inches
of snow, but I don't go out and measure it. You see a problem with that,
eh?

Don't know why but I find it a little humorous.....

http://funkyimg.com/i/2M53P.jpg

Let me know if this works. I'm trying your 'funkyimg.com'.

http://funkyimg.com/i/2M54Q.jpg

That's my pup, Koko, posing.