Default Betsy displays some sense!

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 00:10:06 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

True North wrote:
Wayne.B

===Â*

"I hope 'Airree appreciates that Hilton Head is cold in the winterÂ*
time, too cold for outdoor activity much of the time."

No such thing as "too cold for outdoor activity".
You just need the proper clothing or gear.
I thought you were from upstate New York?

H was smart enough to move from where it snows. Snow is nice for a
weekend visit. Not to live in that crap.

Snow is OK
Sunny and nice is OK
I can even live with rain if it gets that **** over with and the sun
comes out
The one that bothers me is "sleet and freezing rain". Unfortunately
that is all too common in DC. I worked nights and that sleet turned to
black ice around 0400 and it was always "fun" in a "scare the **** out
of you" sort of way.
My car has been a ballistic hockey puck far more than once.
Fortunately everyone else was in bed and there wasn't much to hit.
You do get a lot of skid recovery practice. The trick is drive the car
into the direction it is going and when the tires finally start
turning, make small corrections until you are safe.
There are no grand maneuvers. ... until you maneuver your ass south.