Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Betsy displays some sense!

On 10/12/18 10:10 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 19:01:31 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/12/2018 6:02 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/12/18 5:56 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 15:05:02 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:36:13 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/12/18 1:25 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 10:07:44 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/12/2018 9:42 AM, True North wrote:

Struggled last January trying to decide between the EU2000i and
the larger 2800 inverter unit. Bought the nice little suitcase
model but I'm sure if we have another extended outage, I'll be
kicking my butt.

This stuff is probably only interesting to nerds like me and
Greg.Â* We
both seem to get a kick out of trying to get the most for the least
in generators.

For most, I'd just recommend getting the biggest generator you can
afford or want and be happy with it.Â* A whole house generator like
Harry's is really nice to have but for people like me it's more fun
trying to get by on the little ones, especially given that the
need for
them is so rare.

Maybe after a few more winters, some long term outages (and more
miles on me)Â* I may spring for a whole house generator.Â* They
are popular and have come down in price somewhat but it still
kills me that they sit, unused, for months or years other than
to start up and run for 10 minutes once a week.

Of course Harry would agree for me it was just "cheap". I am $300 in
this one plus $100 for the propane kit. So far, between the original
owner and me it has been used once in 12-13 years.

We ain't gonna be able to run air conditioning, well pump, two
refrigerators, some lights, garage door opener, some other device, et
cetera, off a $400 generator. We see no reason to "rough it," as you
seem to like to do.

First "accessory" on my list when we build or buy in Hilton Head is a
whole house generator.

Yeah Mr Global Warming, thanks for pitching inÂ* ;-)

===

I hope 'Airree appreciates that Hilton Head is cold in the winter
time, too cold for outdoor activity much of the time.

Been there in all four seasons. Fall and winter are great times to ride
Hilton Head's bike trails, enjoy horseback riding, and play tennis. 60's
during the daytime, usually, 40's to 50's in the late afternoon and
evening.Â* Maybe that's too cold for a transplanted Florida pussy like
you, but I like those temps.

Ah ... bike trails, horseback riding, tennis ... all appropriate
activities for people in their 70's - 80's.

Why not?
Although I think horses are too stupid to ride but I will if I have
to. I know how
I also prefer hiking to biking but they are all appropriate for me in
the next decade. Tennis is OK. I might have trouble in 10 years
covering the court but I bet I will still be able to bring up a bruise
with my serve.

I also bet Mrs E will be riding for 30-40 more years. I haven't met
the lady but she seems like someone who will still be out there
getting it done when we are all "off to a better place" (or just
buried in the yard with my dogs, in my case)

Maybe I misunderstood

I ride my bike two or three times a week in the fall and spring, once a
week in the summer when it is usually too hot for my taste. Sometimes I
ride from where we live to the end of Chesapeake Beach. I suppose I
could do it Luddite's way, on a motor scooter.