John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Betsy displays some sense!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 22:00:59 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 21:01:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/11/2018 8:45 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:40:55 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 14:11:23 -0400, John H.
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/y7dezaq3

"The left is revving up attacks on capitalism just as workers on the bottom rungs are beginning to
benefit from the booming U.S. economy. According to last week's jobs report, unemployment has been
pushed back to its lowest level since 1969. Wages in blue-collar industries, such as construction
and maintenance, are rising faster than for white-collar workers. Pay for people without a college
education jumped almost 6 percent since last year -- triple the overall wage gain."

Gosh, I thought wage growth was stagnant.

There was an article in USA Today yesterday talking about .how wages
are going up across the board and some jobs are really taking off

BTW your link took me to Harbor Fright generators.

About that, why is my 5.5 KW Briggs 11 hp and theirs is 8?
They must have stronger horses in China

===

In my experience the normal ratio of horsepower to KW is 2:1. Anything
less should be considered suspect.

We shouldn't confuse horsepower and watts with horsepower and generator
output in watts.

1 hp = 745.7 watts so 8 hp = 5965.6 watts. That's simply the engine
power.

The generator output in watts will obviously be considerably lower.

===

Understood but 1 HP = 745.7 watts is the theoretical maximum. In
reality you need considerably more horsepower to produse a KW because
of electrical and mechanical losses, and because the engine is usually
not being run at the RPM which produces peak power.

All I can say is that we should have used stronger horses. If that horse could have pulled an
additional 11,254.72 pounds in one minute, then the results would be much easier to remember.