John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Gulf Coast...

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 19:49:40 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 17:27:05 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/10/2018 1:58 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/10/18 1:54 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 12:44:43 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/10/18 12:38 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 09:08:51 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

...being slammed by a result of global warming, a concept denied by
the
ignorant, intellectually lazy, coal baron wannabe in the White House.

Yeah, we never had hurricanes before 1/20/2017, That *******!

No surprise you and your fellow Trumpsters are ignoring what the climate
scientists are saying.

Perhaps we should be looking at what the economists and political
science people are saying. There are 4-5 billion people in the 3d
world who all want electricity, heat in the winter, A/C in the summer
and a car. No matter what we do, increased energy demand is coming.
Global warming is caused by population growth and upward mobility.
Do you think either will stop?
Of course it might.
I worry a lot more about nuclear winter than I do global warming.

As you are not a climate scientist and have absolutely no serious
scientific credentials in that field or any other scientific field, I'll
believe the climate scientists and other scientists. And what the latter
are doing includes trying to force us to develop and implement fossil
fuel alternatives and to cut back on the use of fossil fuels.

You are not a climate scientist either and have absolutely no
serious scientific credentials in that field. There are many
scientist *with* the proper credentials who argue that climate
change is a naturally occurring phenomena and mankind, as important
as we may thing we are, has very little to do with it.

As non-scientists we all have the right to believe what makes
logical sense to us.

You just happen to believe anything anybody tells you if it fits
with your general political views.

===

There is clear and convincing evidence that the planet is indeed
getting warmer. There is also a great deal of evidence that warm
cycles have occurred many times in the past, as well as cold cycles,
aka, the ice age. There have been serious scientific attempts,
through the study of core samples in ancient ice, to see if past
warming and cooling episodes correlated to levels of atmospheric
carbon dioxide. Apparently there is some evidence for that also. The
jury is still out on what caused these past fluctuations in CO2 but
it's fairly certain that it wasn't caused by the burning of fossil
fuels. There's a lot that is still unknown, that much is for sure.
Reducing our dependence on fossil fuels for energy production seems
like a good long term plan for many reasons however. Europe is way
ahead of us in harnessing wind power, and we are somewhat behind in
exploiting solar energy. But there are some encouraging signs that
we're making progress.

For anyone who doubts that the planet is getting warmer, I'd encourage
them to watch a documentary on Netflix called "Chasing Ice". It is
very well done, and watching huge glaciers disappear before your eyes
on time lapse photography will make a believer out of you. It is
totally apolitical and non-judgemental.

I agree with everything you said there. Don't even need a 'snerk'!

The problem is that Democrats need 'global warming' as another round in their ammo pile.