Capt. Mooron

Default GPS unit provides data to law enforcement

wrote in message

| Negligent Homicide could very easily apply. They said CRIMINAL
| charges, not traffic violations.

Kinda a sobering thought.... I wonder how they could make that case... is
the vessel able to undertake a wake crossing at 116 MPH??

Fastest I've ever gone was 75 MPH on an Ex USCG Tri-Hull with Twin 450
Volvos and counter rotating props. It still had the well for the hull
inspection apparatus. It was in service for Sail North in Yellowknife as a
commercial rescue and charter vessel. The name of the boat is "Tow Job"...
I'll allow you your imagination as to how it was hailed on VHF. We did a
call in some very rough weather with both the owner Mike Stillwell and
myself fully endorsing a full throttle attitude to the response. We launched
to airborne too many times to count. The response was to a large power boat
returning from the East Arm. They were out of gas and laying to anchor off a
reef... losing way. Aux. CG was on stand-by at dock and in contact. We got
them fuel and stood by on a tow line till they were able to get underway. If
I had gotten launched over the side in that water and drowned... could the
Captain be held responsible. I was invited. I accepted. I took no pay. I
understood the consequences of my actions. I was aware of the sea state [
lake state]. I was experienced with various vessels in those waters. I was
essentially a quest/crew that approved of the Captain's operating of the
vessel. I had the helm for a time and found the vessel handled well. It just
wouldn't be right to file charges against the Captain since in my case it
would apply that ..... " He knew the Job was Dangerous when He took It..."
[Super Chicken]

CM