Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Wayne ... boat battery chargers

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 12:44:31 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The "smart" charger I bought to replace the original ferromagnetic type
in the Navigator (that was cooking the batteries) was similar to this one.

Not the same brand and the one I got had 60 amps per output (3 outputs).
It was of a switching power supply design and was smaller and much
lighter than the ferromagnetic type it replaced.

http://www.enerdrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ePOWER-40A-Battery-Charger.jpg

===

I'm not familiar with that one but looks like a solid unit. After
some bad eperiences with Charles Marine chargers I've switched over to
this one for my engine starting batts and generators:

https://www.mastervolt.com/products/chargemaster-12v/chargemaster-12-50-3/