Default Hey Greg ....

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 06:43:04 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

When I get up in the wee hours for a whiz, I use my little head lamp on the red light setting to provide the minimal light I need to keep it in the bowl. Read somewhere that you shouldn't be looking at bright lights...like a computer screen before trying to go to or return to sleep.

We have low level motion lights for that. We seldom actually touch a
light switch around here unless we want task light but the motion
lights are just enough to get around in the dark, not enough to shock
you awake. In the bathrooms it is rope light under the toe kicks, with
the string split and wired in series. There is also one 16-18" segment
under the counter edge that lights up the toilet but won't shine in
your eyes. There is also rope in some lowered crown in the hall and
the kitchen lights up when you walk in there (rope beside the train
track). We also have motion lights outside but it is not the typical
PAR 38 "Stallag 17 lighting". They are soft lights around the pool and
tikis in 2 zones with 4 detectors.