Default A Church Dinner

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 11:03:22 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/25/18 11:00 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:51:58 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 9/25/18 9:11 AM, True North wrote:
John H

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 05:05:19 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

John H
"Never shot anything I didn't eat, or at least try to eat. Shot a ground hog once, in Missouri. A
boar. Dad cleaned and roasted it. We each took one bite. Chewed and chewed and chewed. Finally spit
it out and had PB&J sandwiches for dinner. Groundhog was tougher than a rawhide belt."

Next time put your teeth in first...could help.

"I was about 12 years old at the time. Hadn't started smoking yet, so didn't have teeth problems. I
suppose you've eaten some tender groundhog?"

Don't recall seeing that in the display cases at my local supermarket.

You didn't? Gosh, neither did I. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing
rodents for sale in the meat display case, nor do I recall eating
rodents. Must be a Missouri thing.

They have rabbit at the store some time.

Not where I shop.

They used to have rabbit at the Giant. It was farmed but it was still
rabbit. Have you actually looked? It was in the freezer case with the
duck, goose and other non traditional American meat. It was a small
box, local from the Eastern Shore of Maryland as I recall. I never
liked farmed rabbit. It always had a "soapy" taste to me.