John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Florence!

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:14:49 -0400, wrote:

On 16 Sep 2018 23:14:08 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 12:43:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/16/2018 11:15 AM,
wrote:

I didn't even like riding my Harley on the interstate, here or there.

I did for several years until I started thinking about it. Now I don't.
If I want to go for a bike ride I head for back roads with less traffic
and few big trucks tossing rocks.

That is why I sold the Harley here. There are just not enough back
roads. Southern Md is a whole lot better for bike riding. Lots of
windy little roads in a spider web all over 3 counties.
I imagine most got busier in the last 35 years tho. I remember when
Waldorf was just an intersection with a stop light.

There's still a terrific back road way between here and Deale...

Yup that is the kind of road I am talking about. A lot of those little
roads were not on a regular map. You just want to know which ones
actually come out somewhere. You might just end up in some guy's
driveway. The county DOT map is the best.

When you end up in some guy's driveway, you turn around and find another road!