justan justan is offline

Default Florence!

True North Wrote in message:
Keyser Soze

On 9/14/18 5:25 PM, justan wrote:
John H. Wrote in message:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:45:15 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 9/14/18 4:29 PM, Tim wrote:
John H
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:27:32 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 9/14/18 2:15 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/14/2018 12:14 PM, wrote:
That is the good thing about propane. It doesn't go bad. The problem
is it may be hard to come by and very expensive after a storm. My
generator will run both.

I forgot that Harry looks down at little, gasoline powered generators
because *he* has a big, whole house generator, supplied by a 1,000 gal
propane underground tank. It starts once a week, runs for 10 minutes
and shuts off, similar to my neighbor's generator whole house generator
he installed three years ago. My neighbor is actually hoping for a
longer term power outage just so he can justify the investment he made.

I've used my generator twice since Hurricane Wilma in 2005, not counting
the summer the stone cutters used it everyday when installing the pool.
Each power outage was of relatively short duration and we got by just
fine with it.

I don't look down my nose at gasoline powered generators. I don't know
if a gasoline-powered generator is available in the size we have that
would be adequate to run one of our furnace/heat pumps, the well pump,
and some appliances and lights. The well pump and heat pump require a
substantial generator to start up and run. In the winter, if you don't
have some heat available, the water pipes in the walls can freeze.
Fixing that would cost a lot more than a generator.

Oh, it's a 500-gallon buried tank. We did have one four-to-five day
power outage in which the genny served us well.

Do you honestly think you need all that when there's a power outage? Most of us could live with a
couple space heaters, refrigerator, and some lights.

Worried about water in pipes? Drain 'em. Buy some bottled water. Fill the bathtubs for the toilet.
You're a mess. If you just have to have running water, leave the faucet trickling. I doesn't get
into the negative numbers around here very much, especially in racist southern MD where you live.

John, some people don?t have a survivalists sense. Bad when their total life is dependent on others taking care of them....

Why should I want to be a right-wing survivalist when our generator
keeps us comfortable, winter or summer, if there is a power outage?
Doesn't your idiot buddy Johnny**** carry or use a generator in his
motel room on wheels? Can't he put his dog or wife on a treadmill to
generate whatever electricity he needs, and can't he poop in the woods?

Leaving the water trickling isn't much of a solution when the water in
the pipes comes from a well that has a 220 volt pump motor 225 feet
underground.

When we build our next house, we'll have a propane-fueled permanent
generator there, too.

If you had balls, you'd ask me yourself!

Didn't mean to **** you off so badly. :)

Yes you did. :-)

"The only thing Herring can **** on is his own trousers."

Hee hee!
I agree wholeheartedly and unequivocally with this post!

Don't look now but I noticed he ****ed on yours a few times.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/