John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Florence!

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 18:46:15 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Friday, 14 September 2018 22:40:47 UTC-3, Alex wrote:
True North wrote:
Mr. Luddite

"I don't necessarily need 240v (split phase) but if my Honda ever gives
up the ghost I'll shop for one.

Speaking of the Honda ... I just pulled it out of the storage shed and
gave it three pulls. Fired right up. Last time it was used was last
winter when we lost power for a couple of days. Still has the same
gas in it that it had then with a splash of Stabil in it. I have it
running right now, trying to run it out of gas so I can use fresh gas
if and when I need it again. It's just purring away on the old gas.

So much for the stories that gas goes bad in a month or two. It may
lose some of it's BTU's so an engine can't develop it's full HP rating
but I see no evidence of that. I put a 1500 watt space heater on it
as a load so it burns the gas faster and it runs just fine."

What the 'ell!
My new Honda 2000 took 7 or eight pulls to get it going in July on fresh gas with Seafoam additive.
I take it out of the basement four times a year, pour the 3 month old gas into my Highlander and get about 8 liters of fresh high test in the can.
Mix the Seafoam in and pour close to half a liter of the new stuff into the generator and start it up to run till it's dry.
Then generator goes back into the basement and the fresh gas sits in my shed until needed or the 3 month mark...which ever comes first.

Probably too much Seafoam. Find some TruFuel 4 stroke fuel and it will
last up to 7 years. I already told you that. Maybe you'll listen/read
this time.

mmmm let's see...your advice vs a Honda dealership...
what to do?

He simply forgot that you place extreme trust in dealers.