John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Florence!

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:56:35 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Keyser Soze

On 9/14/18 5:25 PM, justan wrote:*
John H. Wrote in message:*
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:45:15 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:*
*
On 9/14/18 4:29 PM, Tim wrote:*
John H*
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:27:32 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:*
*
On 9/14/18 2:15 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:*
On 9/14/2018 12:14 *wrote:*
That is the good thing about propane. It doesn't go bad. The problem*
is it may be hard to come by and very expensive after a storm. My*
generator will run both.*
*
*
*
I forgot that Harry looks down at little, gasoline powered generators*
because *he* has a big, whole house generator, supplied by a 1,000 gal*
propane underground tank. *It starts once a week, runs for 10 minutes*
and shuts off, similar to my neighbor's generator whole house generator*
he installed three years ago. My neighbor is actually hoping for a*
longer term power outage just so he can justify the investment he made.*
*
I've used my generator twice since Hurricane Wilma in 2005, not counting*
the summer the stone cutters used it everyday when installing the pool.*
Each power outage was of relatively short duration and we got by just*
fine with it.*
*
I don't look down my nose at gasoline powered generators. I don't know*
if a gasoline-powered generator is available in the size we have that*
would be adequate to run one of our furnace/heat pumps, the well pump,*
and some appliances and lights. The well pump and heat pump require a*
substantial generator to start up and run. In the winter, if you don't*
have some heat available, the water pipes in the walls can freeze.*
Fixing that would cost a lot more than a generator.*
*
Oh, it's a 500-gallon buried tank. We did have one four-to-five day*
power outage in which the genny served us well.*
*
Do you honestly think you need all that when there's a power outage? Most of us could live with a*
couple space heaters, refrigerator, and some lights.*
*
Worried about water in pipes? Drain 'em. Buy some bottled water. Fill the bathtubs for the toilet.*
You're a mess. If you just have to have running water, leave the faucet trickling. I doesn't get*
into the negative numbers around here very much, especially in racist southern MD where you live.*
*
........*
*
*
John, some people don’t have a survivalists sense. Bad when their total life is dependent on others taking care of them....*
*
*
*
*
Why should I want to be a right-wing survivalist when our generator*
keeps us comfortable, winter or summer, if there is a power outage?*
Doesn't your idiot buddy Johnny**** carry or use a generator in his*
motel room on wheels? Can't he put his dog or wife on a treadmill to*
generate whatever electricity he needs, and can't he poop in the woods?*
*
Leaving the water trickling isn't much of a solution when the water in*
the pipes comes from a well that has a 220 volt pump motor 225 feet*
underground.*
*
When we build our next house, we'll have a propane-fueled permanent*
generator there, too.*
*
If you had balls, you'd ask me yourself!*
*
Didn't mean to **** you off so badly. :)*
*

*
Yes you did. :-)*
*

"The only thing Herring can **** on is his own trousers."

Hee hee!
I agree wholeheartedly and unequivocally with this post!

Not nice, Don. Try to be a bit more sociable and not be sucking up to Harry for his insults.