True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Florence!

Keyser Soze

On 9/14/18 5:25 PM, justan wrote:Â*
John H. Wrote in message:Â*
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 16:45:15 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:Â*
Â*
On 9/14/18 4:29 PM, Tim wrote:Â*
John HÂ*
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:27:32 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:Â*
Â*
On 9/14/18 2:15 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:Â*
On 9/14/2018 12:14 Â*wrote:Â*
That is the good thing about propane. It doesn't go bad. The problemÂ*
is it may be hard to come by and very expensive after a storm. MyÂ*
generator will run both.Â*
Â*
Â*
Â*
I forgot that Harry looks down at little, gasoline powered generatorsÂ*
because *he* has a big, whole house generator, supplied by a 1,000 galÂ*
propane underground tank. Â*It starts once a week, runs for 10 minutesÂ*
and shuts off, similar to my neighbor's generator whole house generatorÂ*
he installed three years ago. My neighbor is actually hoping for aÂ*
longer term power outage just so he can justify the investment he made.Â*
Â*
I've used my generator twice since Hurricane Wilma in 2005, not countingÂ*
the summer the stone cutters used it everyday when installing the pool.Â*
Each power outage was of relatively short duration and we got by justÂ*
fine with it.Â*
Â*
I don't look down my nose at gasoline powered generators. I don't knowÂ*
if a gasoline-powered generator is available in the size we have thatÂ*
would be adequate to run one of our furnace/heat pumps, the well pump,Â*
and some appliances and lights. The well pump and heat pump require aÂ*
substantial generator to start up and run. In the winter, if you don'tÂ*
have some heat available, the water pipes in the walls can freeze.Â*
Fixing that would cost a lot more than a generator.Â*
Â*
Oh, it's a 500-gallon buried tank. We did have one four-to-five dayÂ*
power outage in which the genny served us well.Â*
Â*
Do you honestly think you need all that when there's a power outage? Most of us could live with aÂ*
couple space heaters, refrigerator, and some lights.Â*
Â*
Worried about water in pipes? Drain 'em. Buy some bottled water. Fill the bathtubs for the toilet.Â*
You're a mess. If you just have to have running water, leave the faucet trickling. I doesn't getÂ*
into the negative numbers around here very much, especially in racist southern MD where you live.Â*
Â*
........Â*
Â*
Â*
John, some people don’t have a survivalists sense. Bad when their total life is dependent on others taking care of them....Â*
Â*
Â*
Â*
Â*
Why should I want to be a right-wing survivalist when our generatorÂ*
keeps us comfortable, winter or summer, if there is a power outage?Â*
Doesn't your idiot buddy Johnny**** carry or use a generator in hisÂ*
motel room on wheels? Can't he put his dog or wife on a treadmill toÂ*
generate whatever electricity he needs, and can't he poop in the woods?Â*
Â*
Leaving the water trickling isn't much of a solution when the water inÂ*
the pipes comes from a well that has a 220 volt pump motor 225 feetÂ*
underground.Â*
Â*
When we build our next house, we'll have a propane-fueled permanentÂ*
generator there, too.Â*

Â*
If you had balls, you'd ask me yourself!Â*
Â*
Didn't mean to **** you off so badly. :)Â*
Â*

Â*
Yes you did. :-)Â*
Â*

"The only thing Herring can **** on is his own trousers."

Hee hee!
I agree wholeheartedly and unequivocally with this post!