Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Florence!

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:14:59 AM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/14/2018 12:34 AM, Its Me wrote:

Well, after we had to evacuate the house for nearly a week while new hardwoods were being laid, sanded and finished,we are back in the house today just in time for Florence. At this time the biggest worry is power outage.... the storm is down to a Cat 1, but is moving so slowly it will dump lots of rain. We're on a hill so no worries of flooding, but power is a concern with a well. Should have pulled the trigger on a gen, but we've briefly lost power twice in ten years, so it hasn't been at the top of the list. Work is 10 minutes away, and we have a huge gen, kitchen and showers so really no big deal. Plus I have about 5 ways to cook without electricity, so we are OK.

Hope anyone in the path fairs well. I'll probably just spend my time painting the newly remodeled parts. All new appliances next Tuesday! Then we'll have a complete kitchen again after almost 3 months. Whew!

Good luck down there. Sounds like flooding won't be an issue for you.
My son and family headed for Florida. They drove most of the day
(leaving from Mt. Pleasant) and by 6 pm had made it to the
Georgia/Florida border. He said I-95 was a parking lot.

I'll bet. I made the trip west on I-20 Tuesday to nearly the SC-GA border, and it was moving at 60-70 mph, but the traffic was intense. If someone sneezed, there was going to be a pileup.

Traffic now is really sparse. Lots of closures, most people are hunkered down and ready. People in SC are pretty toughened up for these kinds of storms. It's a 1 inch accumulation of snow that throws us for a loop.