Alex[_15_] Alex[_15_] is offline

Default #63

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/20/18 7:37 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/18/18 11:22 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/18/18 8:03 PM, Alex wrote:
My latest is a new old stock Ruger Mini Thirty chambered in 7.62
X 39mm. It has a stainless steel 18-1/2" barrel and a "tree
bark" laminate stock. Manufactured in 1991 when the Mini Thirty
was first introduced,
it was never a catalog item and didn't appear on their dealer
price sheets. It will remain unfired in my collection.

The Mini 30 was introduced in 1986 and went into production in
1987. Don't know anything about your TBZ stock.

Sorry. 1991 was when the stainless Mini Thirty was introduced. I
should have been more specific. If by TBZ stock you mean the "tree
bark" laminate you won't find it in your Google searches. That's
why it's a collectors item. It's a 27 year-old brand new firearm
that was never offered to their distributors.

Wowser. Actually, I didn't have to google it. I spent some time
researching the "mini" series before and after I bought my Mini-14.
So, you have an old, unused Mini-30 on a stock Ruger sourced. I'm
sure it has value...to you.

Ruger makes all of their own wood stocks. It's rather impressive to
watch.

No, Ruger does not make *all* its own wood stocks. I have a new wood
stock for a Mini-14 that is "100% Ruger" but was made by an outside
contractor.

There are aftermarket stocks available for most popular rifles. What's
your point?