Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default #63

On 8/21/18 11:00 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 06:27:49 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 20:59:30 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 8/20/18 7:37 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/18/18 11:22 PM, Alex wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 8/18/18 8:03 PM, Alex wrote:
My latest is a new old stock Ruger Mini Thirty chambered in 7.62 X
39mm.Â* It has a stainless steel 18-1/2" barrel and a "tree bark"
laminate stock. Manufactured in 1991 when the Mini Thirty was first
introduced,
it was never a catalog item and didn't appear on their dealer price
sheets.Â* It will remain unfired in my collection.

The Mini 30 was introduced in 1986 and went into production in 1987.
Don't know anything about your TBZ stock.

Sorry.Â* 1991 was when the stainless Mini Thirty was introduced. I
should have been more specific.Â* If by TBZ stock you mean the "tree
bark" laminate you won't find it in your Google searches. That's why
it's a collectors item.Â* It's a 27 year-old brand new firearm that
was never offered to their distributors.

Wowser. Actually, I didn't have to google it. I spent some time
researching the "mini" series before and after I bought my Mini-14.
So, you have an old, unused Mini-30 on a stock Ruger sourced. I'm sure
it has value...to you.

Ruger makes all of their own wood stocks.Â* It's rather impressive to watch.

No, Ruger does not make *all* its own wood stocks. I have a new wood
stock for a Mini-14 that is "100% Ruger" but was made by an outside
contractor.

Then it wasn't one of Ruger's *own* wooden stocks, dummy. It was an outside contractor's wooden
stock. Wake up.

"100% Ruger" Except the parts that aren't huh?
It reminds me of the Vita top muffins my wife buys that say they are
"76% Organic". I guess the other 24% is sawdust and pesticides.

The wood stock I have came off of a brand-new, out-of-the-box Ruger
Mini-14. The stock was not made by Ruger. Ruger may manufacture some of
the wood stocks it puts on its rifles, but it does not manufacture all
of them. Period.