Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Trying to discover what makes southern boys tick...

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/15/18 10:39 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
True North wrote:
John H

"Asshole, maybe. Keeping a long list...not necessary. I've never seen
anyone so afraid to answer a
question."

Y'all are an amusing old fart, Johnny.
Kalif asked me when the Brits were going to make reparations to their
former slaves defendants.
I wouldn't know the answer to that anymore than if a Brit asked when
'mericans were going to come to their senses and run Trump out on a rail.
Judging by the motley crew in here, I'd doubt it will be anytime soon.

Bilious must think Canadians are Brits. As for Herring, isn't he due for
another injury? 😁

They were Brits when the Brits were bringing slaves to America. They are
still part of the commonwealth.

This country welcomed slaves after it declared itself no longer part of
the British Empire. And the commonwealth is not a governmental entity
and, most important, it is a creature of the 20th century.

When we kicked out the British, Canada was still British. And England was
a major supplier of slaves. To the US, the Caribbean. Etc. the only
place the banned slavery was in England only, and they had lots of slaves
then. Then they just treated the Irish and Scots as slaves.