Jonathan Ganz

Default Oh Danny Boy!

You caused an airplane to crash? How terrible.

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message
I never read that report but I had to talk to the faa, investigators and
insurance people. everyone at the airport was told it happened around 6
pm local. I have no idea why the time reads like that. They left the
airport just before dusk. I don't think that there was another crash
with the same plane so I am sure that is the right report but as for the
time, I don't know. What does that have to do with losing a friend or
rick being dead? If you are going for some sort of ride on a passed on
friend maybe you should slow down and draw a line at what you will do.
He was a good friend, so much so that when he couldn't afford a place to
stay I let him live on my boat. I would appreciate it if you would stop
going on about it.

Oz1 wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:01:21 -0700, Danny Taddei
wrote:

I don't remember the exact date but that sounds about right. If that is
the one then the time is in zulu. I have not looked at what you are
looking at so I don't know. they left late afternoon to go to dinner in
Santa Barbara. Zulu is +8 and +9 here daylight savings/ not daylight

savings

Your memory of the accident is obviously flawed
NASDAC BRIEF REPORT

------

------
GENERAL INFORMATION

Data Source: NTSB AVIATION ACCIDENT/INCIDENT DATABASE
Event Id: 20001211X11997
Local Date: 03/16/1993
Local Time: 2340
State: CA
City: CARPINTERIA
Airport Name:
Event Type: ACCIDENT
Injury Severity: FATAL
Report Status: FINAL
Mid Air Collision: NO
Event Location: OFF AIRPORT/AIRSTRIP

------
WEATHER INFORMATION

Weather Briefing Complete: FULL
Brief Source:
Basic Weather Conditions: VISUAL METEOROLOGICAL COND
Light Condition: NIGHT/DARK
Cloud Condition: UNKNOWN
Cloud Height above Ground Level (ft): 15000
Ceiling Height above Ground Level (ft): 15000
Cloud Type: OVERCAST
Visibility RVR (ft): 0
Visibility RVV (sm):
Visibility (sm): 15
Wind Direction (deg): 30
Wind Condition Flag: U
Wind Speed (knots): 5
Wind Condition Indicated: Unknown
Visibility Restrictions:
Precipitation Type:

------
AIRCRAFT INFORMATION

Aircraft 1
Category of Operation:
Aircraft Type: AIRPLANE
Aircraft Homebuilt: NO
Aircraft Damage: DESTROYED
Phase of Flight: UNKNOWN
Aircraft Make: PIPER

Aircraft Model: PA-34

Aircraft Series: PA-34-200
Operator Doing Business As: SKYS THE LIMIT
Operator Name
Owner Name GEORGE WOLL

NTSB Report Number: LAX93FA153

On March 16, 1993, about 2340 hours Pacific standard time, a Piper PA
34 200, N55334, collided with the Pacific Ocean while in an
undetermined phase of operation, about 1 mile offshore from
Carpenteria, California.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.