True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of dogs...

On Friday, 15 June 2018 11:58:54 UTC-3, John H wrote:
Just got back from the vet. My dog, the English Pointer, has been showing an abdominal distention.
This could be caused by gas, water, or blood in the abdominal cavity. She's been acting very
lethargic and stuporous, at times, also. So today we went to the vet.

The vet inserted a needle and withdrew about two cc's of blood. Initial thought was ruptured spleen,
although it could just be some form of cancer going crazy inside her. I showed the vet two small
growths, which look like bright red warts, and the diagnosis was mast cell tumors.

So, the vet says removing the spleen, if that's the cause of the bleeding, could add a month or two
to Kiya's life. But, if the dog is ridden with cancer, then they would just not let the dog recover
on the operating table.

So, again, we've decided to put Kiya down tomorrow.

Crap!

Sorry to hear that.
Our English Springer Spaniel turns 12 on Tuesday. We spend about $300.00 per month on his anti-biotic, his special pro-biotic, a pain pill for some arthritis, and his special Royal Canin Gastro-intestional food. He still suffers from regular attacks but usually recovers within a day. You wouldn't know it to see him. Everytime I take him to the park at least a couple are admiring him saying how handsome or beautiful he is and that he looks a lot younger.
Wish I got half his compliments.