John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Norway wants US Marines

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:47:30 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 6/14/2018 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:37:34 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The USA did a lot to help beat the Germans and save Europe but sometimes
I think we tend to minimize the contributions and sacrifices made
by Russia.

It the Germans had not screwed up and attacked Russia we might be
looking at a completely different Europe, one that speaks German.
If the Germans had simply concentrated on invading the UK in the
summer of 41, and not instituting operation Barbarosa, I doubt anyone
would have been able to stop them. The US was still pretending to be
neutral at the time.
If we really had to try to take back all of Europe from Western Africa
with no infrastructure to support an invasion force and the Germans
pretty much controlling the Atlantic from Gibraltar to Iceland along
with choking off the Med and owning it, I don't even know how we would
get there. I am not even sure we would try.

The United States suffered 419,400 fatalities for all WWII related
causes and had 671,801 total injured.

The Soviet Union suffered somewhere between 20,000,000 to 27,000,000
fatalities with 14,685,593 injured.

That was the only point I was trying to make but now Harry calls me a
Putin lover.

Harry just has to call you something.