Default Norway wants US Marines

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:22:37 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:18:09 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:01:49 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/13/18 10:52 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:50:54 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 6/13/18 4:42 PM, Bill wrote:

And why are you opposed to social security funds in the stock market?

My recollection is that the private wall street banksters were lobbying
to "invest" those funds and earn their profit off it. Norges Bank
belongs to the people of Norway.

Norway invests all over the world in all sorts of things, Those
investments return real capital gains. The SS/MC funds are not really
invested in anything. There are just IOUs in the box and the
government spent the money on things that do not generate any income
for the government. They chalk up phony interest payments but some of
the money has to be borrowed from someone else when they actually have
to pay people the benefits they promise.

I suppose I should explain in pidgin English. I am not opposed to
investing. I oppose using the banksters in the USA to handle those
investments on behalf of our citizenry.

You didn't explain anything. Are you really saying you would rather
have politicians and bureaucrats handling your money than trained
money managers?

Well sure, as long as they're *Democrat* politicians and bureaucrats.

Yeah that is what I am talking about. FDR is the one who decided to
make it OK for the government to spend the SS surplus and put an IOU
in the jar, to hide the cost of Lend Lease. LBJ put the whole program
"on Budget" so it just became part of the general revenue to hide the
cost of his war.
Yeah we can always trust the democrats but the republicans are not any
better. They are the ones who say we can't raise the FICA tax to cover
the SS/MC deficits so it has just become another welfare program,
living on borrowed money. If the kids actually understood the real
cost of these programs they would throw momma from the train.