John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Yo Tim - Carburetor

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:18:06 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 6/12/18 10:12 AM, Tim wrote:
John H
The picture on the bottom left shows how the float adjustment is done on my carb floats. Mine are
the PHF 30's with connected floats.

https://www.ducatimeccanica.com/dell...lorto_3_2.html

But, the 18mm adjustment did not have the floats coming high enough in the bowl to shut off the fuel
flow. I bent the damn floats down to about the PHBL settings (24-25mm). Now the floats are pushing
the needle up enough to shut off the fuel flow.

Sure wish I had Harry's Ducati to contend with. Just think - if it's never ridden, it won't ever
have a problem!

Delorto makes a great carb. They’re durable and simple, but can make you want to pull your hair out to rebuild them.

But if you wanted to update your motorcycle and get rid of the carburetors, you can always pull the whole engine and install twin Volvo turbo diesels....

My guess is that with all his health problems and proclivity to injure
his limbs, Zen and the Art of Maintaining Obsolete Motorcycles won't be
on Herring's reading list for long.

Never needed it. Bought Darlington's book ages ago. Although written for the 850 T-3, it's got all
the info I'll ever need.