justan justan is offline

Default It?s real.....

Tim Wrote in message:

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim
Yup you don't want your motor falling off in the lake. I had to do the
wood in mine about 28 years ago ;-)
If this is the regular 1.5" keystone looking piece that fits in an
aluminum motor pod, 2 pieces of 3/4" Exterior grade AC plywood
laminated together with waterproof Tite Bond and screwed with
stainless screws will last for quite a while if you seal it with epoxy
resin after you get it assembled. Just be sure to seal the holes where
you mount the motor.
That dent on the nose is what I was talking about when I said hitting
something with one pontoon. Look to see if there is water in them and
do a pressure test for leaks. A TIG guy can fix them pretty easily.

I?m thinking that while I?m pulling the engine anyhow I might as well mount the 115. 80 hp sounds big but this is a big pontoon. I?m not into speed but don?t want to be loaded down and maybe break 20 knots

Does that toon have the lifting strakes to get it up on plane?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/