Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default The Idiot Speaketh II

On 6/12/2018 6:33 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 6/11/18 11:43 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:33:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:09:48 -0400, Keyser Soze
Anyone who is rooting for a recession just to punish the sitting
president deserves a little dislike. I assume you are in his camp
saying **** the working man, I have mine.

Maher was really lame in this one.Â* He sounds really desperate to me...

The left is scared to death that Trump will be successful, to the
point that they are wishing for a disaster they can pin on him.

Trump is very successful kissing the ass of murderous dictators, but he
doesn't seem to be able to get along with the leaders of western
democracies. North Korean specializes in prison, torture, executions,
and starvation of its own people, but Trump thinks Kim is someone to
admire.

It's interesting that as a progressive liberal who believes in social
and cultural changes "for the betterment of the people" that you
immediately jump to a same old, same old argument when it comes
to Kim.

First of all, even as a dictator, Kim does not have complete control
of North Korea. He has military leaders who are devoted to the
politics of Kim's father and grandfather before him and they represent
a threat to his control and authority, especially if he begins to
entertain new ideas. Even very recently Kim fired three of his
top military types presumably because they opposed of his meeting
with Trump, his release of the three hostages and the halting of
nuclear and missile testing.

I tend to have a more optimistic view. Unlike his grandfather and
father Kim was educated outside of North Korea. His background
is reminiscent of what happened in China as people became exposed
to Western educational systems and experienced what the world is
like outside the walls of their dark caves. Once started, China
*had* to change or risked a major revolution by the people.

Kim may be sincere or he may not be. But having discussions with
him is far better than closing our eyes and ears and just keep
ignoring the situation.