John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 08:54:38 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 6/3/2018 8:02 AM, Tim wrote:

3/28/14Mr. Luddite
Back in 2000 when I was shopping for my first larger boat ....You could tell just by looking at the construction the
Navigator was a well designed and well built boat. Jules Marshall (the
designer) backed off on the bling and focused on structure.

When the bow thruster was installed I saved a piece of the hull that
they cut out. The hull of the Navigator was solid fiberglass that was
1-1/4" thick. I mounted a piece on a framed display board and had it
hanging in the salon.

The hull was only 1-1/4” thick? I figured it’d be a lot thicker than that. Like it should have been 2-3”

Where the heck are these posts coming from? They are ancient.

But, 1-1/4" thick solid fiberglass is pretty thick for a boat hull.

Could be Tim's thinking of a Boston Whaler style hull with a foam core inside much thinner
fiberglass.